Mrs. Remkus and Mrs. Crouse's Kindergarten Page
Welcome to the 2019 - 2020 school year.
We are happy to have your child in our class. Please use the ribbon at top to go to specific pages you will find useful throughout the year (don't forget to click on the "more" tab).
We hope all questions can be answered but you may of course send us a note and one of us will reply. There is a lot to take in at the beginning of the year but these things will help us greatly:
1. When sending money, it needs to be in an envelope or Ziplock with your child's name, how much is enclosed, and what the money is for. Please do not send in money without us knowing what it is for.
2. Dismissal changes MUST be in writing. Please write the date of the change and the new way your child will be going home. Do not leave dismissal changes on my voicemail or email. I do not always check these before school is out.
3. Separate your child's snack from their lunch if they bring one. Please send in only one snack. If they have 2 or 3 itmes in a lunch box, we are confused as to whether they are snacks or lunch. We have time for only one snack, no juice, milk or soft drinks for snacks please. We have carpet! We would love to have donations of Goldfish Crackers, Pretzels, or cheese sticks for the students that forget theirs or do not bring snack.
4. An extra set of clothes is important to bring to school. Accidents happen (especially spilled milk).
5. Please read the "ABC's of Kindergarten" that went home at sneak a peek.
6. Help your child to learn to tie their shoes. There are some great videos online that can show you how to teach them. This is something we do not have time to do at school.
Also: we do not send home a specials calendar. We are on a 5 day rotation
Mon - P.E. Tue- Science Wed- Music Thursday - P.E. Friday - Art
Please have your child dressed for physical activity every day by wearing tennis shoes.
7. We love to celebrate birthdays at school, but allergies and diet restrictions are a big concern. Because of this, please send in Popsicles, Sherbet Push Pops, or Vanilla Ice Cream cups for your child's birthday treat. Cupcakes and cookies are NOT ALLOWED. We will also, not pass out the treat during lunch. The students do not have time to eat the treat. We serve the treat at the end of the day. Any treats left over will be saved for the students that are not able to purchase Kona Ice.
How do I get Office 365 for my child?
Parental Consent Process Videos
There are two ways in which parental consent can be provided, via e-mail or ParentVUE. Please see videos below for more information.
- Click Here for the Office 365 Parent Video Consent via email.
- Click Here for the Office 365 Parent Video Consent via ParentVUE.
- Click Here for the CCSD Office 365 Parent/Student Support Page.
What is my child's username and/or password?
The child’s username is sent to the “enrolling adult”/parent via email if the parent selects either Option 1 or Option 2.
- < > firstname.lastname@example.org If a student has the same name as another student in the district, each student will have a 3 digit number appended to their last name. For example: email@example.com
2016 Lewis Elementary School / Cobb County School District.
All Rights Reserved.
4179 Jim Owens Road | Kennesaw, GA 30152
Office: 770-975-6673 | Fax: 770-975-6675
CCSD Legal Disclaimer